Unable to burn iso image

bharath

I tried to burn an image file using imgburn on my laptop and I tried its 3 times and all the time I have the same issue, any help on resolving this is appreciated.

logfile below:

I 19:52:38 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 19:52:38 Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 19:52:38 Total Physical Memory: 3,142,972 KB - Available: 1,442,732 KB

I 19:52:38 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:52:38 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:52:47 Found 1 DVD

I 19:57:14 Destination Media Type: DVD-R DL (Disc ID: RITEKP01) (Speeds: 2x, 4x)

I 19:57:14 Write Speed: MAX

Your drive doesn't like that disc. You could try burning at 2x to see if you can get it to burn.

Also please do what this post says (removing controllers/etc) as you're getting too slow speeds.

By the way, if you don't mind telling us, what's the contents of the image? I'm asking because if it's DVD-Video then you should have way better results with DVD+R DL media.

I 19:57:14 Destination Media Type: DVD-R DL (Disc ID: RITEKP01) (Speeds: 2x, 4x)

I 19:57:14 Write Speed: MAX

Your drive doesn't like that disc. You could try burning at 2x to see if you can get it to burn.

Also please do what this post says (removing controllers/etc) as you're getting too slow speeds.

By the way, if you don't mind telling us, what's the contents of the image? I'm asking because if it's DVD-Video then you should have way better results with DVD+R DL media.

I checked the post that you had pointed to. I am running Windows Vista and it seems like DMA is enabled. I hope where I checked was correct.

I am trying to burn a DVD-Video, the problem is that I have only DVD-R DL :(. I will try using a different burner that I have and hopefully the other drive an LG drive should may be better.

Windows lies, and that's why you need to remove the controller in order to force it to restore DMA mode.

If you still have the source VIDEO_TS folder/files use Output set to Device instead of burning from an image file and you might get better results. If you don't have the source files anymore you can mount that image to a virtual drive and add the VIDEO_TS from the virtual drive to ImgBurn's Build mode (again with Output set to Device).

Windows lies, and that's why you need to remove the controller in order to force it to restore DMA mode.

If you still have the source VIDEO_TS folder/files use Output set to Device instead of burning from an image file and you might get better results. If you don't have the source files anymore you can mount that image to a virtual drive and add the VIDEO_TS from the virtual drive to ImgBurn's Build mode (again with Output set to Device).

removing that still causes it to fail, but I was able to burn it with my external DVD writer. Guess that my drive doesnt like this media :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.