Image burn stalls on Synchronising cash when recording TDK BD50 BD-RE

DVD_fan

Hi I am trying to record backup of a movie to TDK BD50 BD-RE disk. Everything works fine until it comes to this Synchronising cash. Then it cannot be stopped or cancelled I can end Image burn application but drive will not open until a system reboot...

Please help.

VBIFSl2Lxt.jpg

I 23:23:32 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 23:23:32 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 23:23:32 Total Physical Memory: 4,192,448 KB - Available: 2,253,804 KB

I 23:23:32 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:23:32 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:23:33 Found 1 DVD

Update...

As have been previously said by LUK many times USE Verbatim media. Image Burn + Verbatim is the way to go!

I have managed to burn same project on the same system just changed the media to Verbatim BD50 Recordable.

There seems to be quite a few complains about BD50 RE media writeability and compatibility in common.

The burned disk is actually can be read and plays well on my Panasonic BD35 Blu Ray Player.

LUK,

Is it possible to set settings for IB to stop just before it tries to synchronise cash? I understand that disk will not be finalised properly but I use it to check my movie backup compatibility with my standalone player before I write it to Verbatim BD50. When it stops on Synchronising Cache I have to reboot my Pc to get my disk back. The results of the burn are satisfactory for my purpose. It is just too difficult to get disk back after burn...

Thanks a lot for your help! If you ever visit small hole in the West Sussex called Crawley I would love to by you couple of beers :)

Will send you few quid when I get paid.

KR

DVD_fan

The sync cache command is what signals the end of the burn and tells the drive to flush what's in its buffers (cache) to the disc... it's not a command you can avoid sending as the drive is left in limbo until it's issued and will normally reject any command that's not to do with writing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.