Miscompare Problem With IMGBURN

So Solid Jedi

Hi, i have been getting Miscompare errors with my burns, was wondering what could be the cause? I noticed that i had WLMessenger running whilst i burned which is never a good idea, also my RAM usage was up around 75%. This is with using IMGBURN with Vista SP1 x86. Havnt got round to installing SP2 yet.

Anyhow here is my Log.

I 05:10:58 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 05:10:58 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 05:10:58 Total Physical Memory: 3,667,584 KB - Available: 1,071,656 KB

W 05:10:58 AnyDVD can interfere with ImgBurn's ability to verify accurately, please ensure it's disabled!

I 05:10:58 Initialising SPTI...

I 05:10:58 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 05:10:58 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Edited by So Solid Jedi

Hi and welcome to the forum, So Solid Jedi! :)

Disable it and run the mode Verify to see if you still get errors (assuming you still have the source you burned with).

Cheers Cynthia, yeah i ran the Mode Verify again like you suggested, this time without AnyDVD running and didnt get any errors, so looks like it was the culprit.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a couple of questions tho? Can i leave verifying unticked if i wanted to after burning then run it @ a later date providing i still have source file? What is the difference?

Should i update my Pioneer's firmware? i havnt had any problems so far? I have 1.09 firmware on it and it is the RPC 1 modified one, so im not inclined to go with Pioneers Official Firmware. Its unfortunate that the Pioneer DVR 112D doesnt have RPC 2 Firmware as i have heard that it is easier to keep region free.

Edited by So Solid Jedi

Yes you could leave it unticked but you'd better off leaving it on and only enabling programs that interfere when you actually need them. Doing it directly after burning is a tiny bit different to doing it later on but it's mainly internal stuff (because it knows more about what it should be verifying) and so I won't bore you with the details.

Yes you should update your firmware. Version 1.28 will give you better burns and fix bugs. Serioulsy, how often do you read original discs from other regions anyway?! That's not to say you couldn't find an RPC1 v1.28 if you tried anyway.

Its unfortunate that the Pioneer DVR 112D doesnt have RPC 2 Firmware as i have heard that it is easier to keep region free.

I have no idea what you mean by that. If they're not RPC1, they're RPC2.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.