I/O Error but the disc works

Slusho

This is my first time using ImgBurn (that I can remember). I burned a wii iso onto the disc and then it ejected it and I guess it does that and wants you to put it back in so it can verify the disc so I let the tray go back in and it verified it but 85% of the way through it got an I/O error. I tried the disc in my Wii and it works fine, so my question is: Will the disc freeze at some point in the game or is it fine?

Ok... So then it may or may not freeze at some time? What are the most common reasons for this happening and how can I prevent it from occuring in the future? I set it to 4x because that's supposed to make it write better than 16x (or so I hear).

Edited by Slusho

I 23:58:18 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 23:58:18 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 23:58:18 Total Physical Memory: 2,094,860 KB - Available: 984,420 KB

I 23:58:18 Initialising SPTI...

I 23:58:18 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 23:58:18 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

I 00:04:49 Destination Device: [0:2:0] TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L 0414 (E:) (ATAPI)

I 00:04:49 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x)

There's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). The dye on the media you're using is known for being low quality. Try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks (you can find them in the online shops linked in this post) and you'll have better burns.

Remove any disc from the drive and close the tray. Then download and run the attached file: I've replaced the flasher program so that it shows the error, if there's any.

[attachment removed as it's potentially dangerous to any Samsung DVD burner]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.