Please suggest a DVD DL burner

Setsu

Since the only drive I have, Matshita, has failed me, I need suggestions on a new drive.

From the looks of it people on this forum seem to suggest pioneer drives, but I'm still not sure which model to get.

I'd prefer an external burner, but I don't know if these generally suck compaired to the internal ones.

Any suggestions are welcome since I know very little on optical drives.

Do you have a lap top or regular computer?

External ones are in general internal ones with a box around itself.

The problematic ones are the half height ones you see in lap top computers. Full heights seems to work better.

Do you have a lap top or regular computer?

External ones are in general internal ones with a box around itself.

The problematic ones are the half height ones you see in lap top computers. Full heights seems to work better.

I have both actually, but still would prefer an external one since the IDE cables are all used up.

So would the best thing to do be to get a internal drive and insert it in some sort of USB box?

So would the best thing to do be to get a internal drive and insert it in some sort of USB box?

I would go for a nice/good internal IDE burner and put in a USB box. If you then want to replace the burner in the future you still have the box.

I would go for a nice/good internal IDE burner and put in a USB box. If you then want to replace the burner in the future you still have the box.

Got it.

But does anyone actually have a suggested model?

I'm not so sure on LG, I think I'll stick with pioneer since it has pretty good reviews.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.