DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed!

Lemp

Hi,

Everything was going ok till this morning. I tried do burn a dl dvd like i always do but this time i get the following message:

DeviceIoControl(FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME) Failed!

Device: [2:0:0] TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F SB03 (D:) (ATA)

Unable to lock volume for exclusive access.

Reason: Toegang geweigerd.

Hint: You've got another program running that's using the drive, close it and then click 'Try Again'.

; //****************************************\\

; ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 - Log

; dinsdag, 23 juni 2009, 10:17:59

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 10:14:55 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 10:14:55 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 10:14:55 Total Physical Memory: 3.405.264 KB - Available: 2.212.564 KB

I 10:14:55 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:14:55 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:14:57 Found 1 DVD

Edited by Lemp

Do you have a DVD-R/DVD-RW disc that you could use with Test Mode enabled to see if you can burn while in Safe Mode? Oh, and just to be sure, when you're going to open ImgBurn right-click on the shortcut and choose Run as administrator ;)

Well, for some reason imgburn didnt run as administrator while i choose for that ages ago, dont know how it got turned off. Anyway, I turnded it on and its working again, thnx all for your input :)

I got no uac on. Yesterday it went fine and i burned 1 dl dvd. But this morning i tried to burn a dvd and it doesnt work again. Now its like imgburn freezes because the dvd in the drive and the drive itself keep on making this weird noise. I also can shut down the pc the proper way... I tried 2 different drives but none works. Reinstalling imgburn didnt work either. What could have changed since 2 days ago? Maybe an update for vista?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.