Create Image: File based skipping

elpeterle

Hi There!

First of all: Thanks for that great application!

Now let me explain what i mean with "File based Skipping" and why i think this might be usefull.

Im primary using ImgBurn to create iso files from the discs i own, in oder to save them to HD.

Most of the disc i create images of are BluRays.

In the past few weeks however more and more BluRays i tried to image seem to use some kind of "bad sector" or "fake files" or whatever that might be called protection.

They have files stored on them with the associated sectors being unreadable.

AFAIK these files are just dummys and not needed for anythong except annoying me ;-)

Now when i trie to create an image, everything is OK until ImgBurn reaches sectors associated with such a File.

The biggers these fake files are, there more time it takes to pass past these files.

For me it takes about 5 seconds per bad sector to skip - so an 1GB files would take years to skip ;-)

As ImgBurn tells me the affected Filename, it should be possible to implement an option which results in skipping all the sectors associated with that file.

If this should be impossible - an option to manually select files from the disc an mark them as skippable would also be nice (since i know the filenames affected).

I would be very lucky to find this feature in a future release of ImgBurn!

Thanks in advance and best regards

elpeterle

ImgBurn only shows the affected filename for your reference: when it reads a disc it reads all the available sectors as reported by the drive. If you want to skip files then you might as well use Windows Explorer/etc to copy your files because, in the end, it won't be a true copy of your source disc anyway.

And if it's indeed some kind of copy protection then I'm afraid you're out of luck: ImgBurn can't copy protected discs and won't ever bypass/remove any kind of copy protection :(

If there are 'bad' files (in the way you say) then it's probably going to be part of copy protection... and of course ImgBurn isn't going to do anything to get around that - ever.

Probably not what you wanted to hear and I'm sorry for that!

That said, the next release of ImgBurn has an advanced/enhanced build mode so you have total control over what's put on the disc and in which folders... rather than just always including everything.

Oops, I'd better check which 'mode' you're talking about. If it's read mode, obvioulsy the new build mode has nothing to do with anything!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.