illegal mode for this track

Joshua

Ok, I have been using DvDFlick with imgburn My media is verbatim dvdr. And it has just started now that I have updated imgburn. I can still burn music and files just not my home movies. I am having trouble with getting the log posted. But I have tried all burning speeds 1x 2x 4x 8x and 16x with the same problem. Any help out there?

here it is

I 03:30:29 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 03:30:29 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 03:30:29 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,164 KB - Available: 1,992,744 KB

I 03:30:29 Initialising SPTI...

I 03:30:29 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 03:30:29 Found 1 DVD

The first error is the real one. In your case, that is:

W 03:36:20 Failed to Write Sectors 460288 - 460319 - Reason: Peripheral Device Write Fault

CMC dye disc are NOT Verbatim.

I 03:30:30 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

Matshita drives are never any good (nor are laptop drives in general) and you're using cheapo media. Invest in some decent Taiyo Yuden / Verbatim disc and you'll get much better burns.

You should try cleaning your drive too.

yes i switched disks because I got tire of wasting my good one but that was the same result. I'll try cleaning and then buying a new one..

Thanks again for your help. Now once I get a new dvdrw rom and it still does the same thing what would be wrong with it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.