Bluray burn fails at 52% ''Invalid adress for write''

Old Dude

20:11:14 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 20:11:14 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 20:11:14 Total Physical Memory: 2,096,172 KB - Available: 1,560,884 KB

I 20:11:14 Initialising SPTI...

I 20:11:14 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 20:11:14 Found 1 DVD

I 20:17:43 Destination Media Type: BD-R (Disc ID: TDKBLD-RFB-00) (Speeds: 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

I 20:17:43 Write Speed: 4x

W 20:41:11 Failed to Write Sectors 11955232 - 11955263 - Reason: Write Error

This is the real error you're getting. You could try burning at the other available write speeds to see if you get a good burn but, from our experience, Verbatim media is the one that works for most people.

Ok I'll give it a go. Thanks

[EDIT] No luck ..coaster number three.Burnt at 8x speed and had the same Write Error failure at 53%

Suppose I better source another brand BDR- DL media and test that.

I'll try a 25gb first to see if the drive works on a single layer.

Edited by Old Dude

The brands and identifier numbers below are taken from the pioneer jp site and show some dual layer media which is compatible with my BDR-203bk burner.

BD-R(DL) (4x format disc)

Writing speed : 2x, 4x

1 Panasonic "MEI___T02" Y Y Y Y

2 TDK "TDKBLDRFB" Y Y Y Y <........................................I assume this is the same media as mine, which is giving me grief(Disc ID: TDKBLD-RFB-00)

3 MKM "VERBATIMd

I have managed to get 1 successful dual layer burn using the TDK disks

So out of 5 dual layer attempted burns 4 failed at the 52% mark with the same error.

I have used the same said disks to burn backups less than 25gbs. I am assuming this means it has no problems writing to the top layer and only runs into trouble going into the second recording layer.

The burner has successfully written to a Shintaro 25gb reinscritable a couple of times.

So all up out of four attempts so far to burn a whole BDR-DL 50gb I've had one success and burning less than 25gb on the same media seems safe.

I guess my question is now .. if infact that is the same identifier code as my media and it's rated as compatible with my burner,is there something wrong in all likelihood with my burner?

Edited by Old Dude

Unfortunately no one here knows for sure. LUK and a few beta members have BluRay burners and from their experience it was found that LG media is rubbish, while Verbatim never gave them any problems.

Do you think you could get in touch with TDK and ask them to exchange your discs since they didn't work on a burner that the manufacturer says supports them? Maybe also get in touch with Pioneer to see if they know of a particular brand of BD-R DL that works best with their burner?

Unfortunately no one here knows for sure. LUK and a few beta members have BluRay burners and from their experience it was found that LG media is rubbish, while Verbatim never gave them any problems.

Do you think you could get in touch with TDK and ask them to exchange your discs since they didn't work on a burner that the manufacturer says supports them? Maybe also get in touch with Pioneer to see if they know of a particular brand of BD-R DL that works best with their burner?

Thanks for your replies to my post.

I'm waiting on Pioneer Australia to get back to me in regards to my problem.

I suppose I will try to contact TDK and see what they have to say about it...But you know what these big multi nationals are like ,especially over small consumer matters like this.

I sourced the discs from a Japanese seller on Ebay .I bought 10 disks for AU $131.00 including postage. Worked out to a little over AU$13.00 a disk.

If I try to buy locally in Australia a single BD-R 50gb disk can cost up to 70 bucks if your prepared to pay that. Most brands sell around the 50 dollar mark for a single disk.

I did a bit of googling on au sites and the best I could do for verbatim was, including postage from interstate, AU $24.00 a disk if I bought in a bundle of 5 or more.

So for back up purposes Its probably better and go buy another copy of a movie..lol :teehee:

If anyone knows of a good source for Verbatim Blu-ray media please do tell :thumbup:

Edited by Old Dude

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.