imgburn gets stuck at 11%. Pls help

heller

wanted to burn a single layer dvd. Followed the instructions in posted in the giude. Still, it gets stuck at 11%. Here's the content of the log. Thanks in advance for your advice.

I 16:15:39 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 16:15:39 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 16:15:39 Total Physical Memory: 3,108,052 KB - Available: 1,826,364 KB

I 16:15:39 Initialising SPTI...

I 16:15:39 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:15:40 Found 1 DVD

When it gets stuck, is the disc still spinning? The drive light blinking? What's the brand/model or chipset of your motherboard? You can find out with SIW (Hardware -> Motherboard you can select all the lines and use Edit/Copy then paste here).

I belive the disk was still spinning but the light was not on. The write seed was 4X(manually selected, the maximum would have been 8X). I let the program run for 50 min, the estimated completion time was 47 min.

I got the motherboard info:

Property Value

Manufacturer Compal

Model 30F7

Version 99.80

Serial Number CND8471LJB

North Bridge Intel GM45/GM47 Revision 07

South Bridge Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) Revision 07

CPU Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz

Cpu Socket Socket P (478)

System Slots 6 PCI

Memory Summary

Maximum Capacity 8192 MBytes

Memory Slots 2

Error Correction None

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed[/i]

Thanks

Kris

Hi,

1. I managed to complete the disc after downloading the two drivers. Thank you, I never would have figured it out on my own.... The new disc is recognized and played by Quickplay and Windows media player, but there is no sound whatsoever. I am attaching the log...

2. Also, the primary goal for my DVD burning today is to burn discs for my portable DVD player SONY DVP-FX820, which is not able to play the disc at all. I thought that maybe changing the booktype settings might make a difference.... any suggetions?

Thanks a million

Kris

I 18:49:59 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 18:49:59 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 18:49:59 Total Physical Memory: 3,108,052 KB - Available: 1,816,464 KB

I 18:49:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:49:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:50:00 Found 1 DVD

ImgBurn burns the files as they are so the sound issue must be there before even ImgBurn is in the equation. Do you get sound on the source files?

As you get verify errors, the burn is not ok. Can be the reason for the player not to want to play the burned disc.

I 19:10:28 Source Media Type: DVD+R (Book Type: DVD-ROM) (Disc ID: CMC MAG-M01-00) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x)

Not sure what you mean with changing book type as you already do that.

Some players like -R media better, could be worth a try.

Could also be worth trying to burn at 4x or 6x instead of max (8x).

Try burning at 4x or 6x to see if you get a better quality burn. If that doesn't help, try with Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden blanks as they result in high quality burns on most burners.

Hi,

my sound driver got damaged, had to reinstall vista. This was the cause for the missing sound.

I'll test the 6X and 4X speed. Hopefully my portable dvd player will finally recognize the disc.

Thank you very much

Kris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.