iso file only 700MB for a 6GB DVD?!?

jt69

Yes, I'm a newbie...:)

I just downloaded ImgBurn, reading FAQ's and this forum, and now trying to create a copy of a DVD with a TV series on it (several episodes). When I do the 'Create Image file from Disk' (DVD to my hard drive), it starts out showing a 6GB file, but when done (only several minutes), it's only a 7MB iso file (plus a 9KB mds file). Tried a couple of times. My understanding of an iso file is that it's a non-compressed file so I'm thinking it's doing only the 1st session/track on the DVD. I haven't yet tried writing the iso/mds file yet to a blank DVD... Help?

thanks,

cheers,

jt

Didn't read the pink bit though did you.

:chair:

Ah, the log... Sorry about that. I figured I was asking something really basic and the log would be over-kill...

Here it is. It includes the multiple iso-creation tries, plus a write to DVD try (I found the application UltaISO and used it to discover that there appeared to be all of the DVD's 6GB files in the 700MB iso file...) The DVD created appears to have the files but Nero and WinDVD can open only the 1st of several 900+MB .vob files on there. I get 'invalid format' messages on the others.

I 14:28:59 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 14:28:59 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 14:28:59 Total Physical Memory: 1,506,804 KB - Available: 540,232 KB

I 14:28:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:28:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:29:00 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

With ImgBurn in Read mode, insert that disc in your Memorex burner and copy the text shown in the Information box of ImgBurn.

Hi mm,

Sorry, as I mentioned I'm a newbie. I can't figure out what you are trying to tell me:

1.) Insert which disc into my burner? The original, the one that got "700MB" written to it, or a new blank?

2.) Copy text shown in the Information box? Copy from what to what? Do you mean 'burn' something? And what 'text'?

As I stated in last nights post, it looks like all the files (5.65GB per MS Explorer > Properties) did get burned onto the 4.7GB DVD (although the log only shows 700MB. Nice trick: "700MB", but really 5.65GB, on a 4.7GB DVD - how'd it do that? :)

However, I get an invalid format message when I try to open those files in various DVD players (WinDVD, Nero, etc) - except for the 1st file which plays almost to the end but then dies...

Sheeze! All I wanted to do was make a quick copy of the stupid thing... ("One little mistake....").

Thanks again,

cheers,

jt

I meant insert the original disc in your memorex burner and copy the text from the Information box to a post here so that we can see how the burner recognizes the original disc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.