I/O error invalid write address

mattdvd

Im trying to burn an xbox360 iso, i am using verbatim DL disks and have wasted 6 of them so far trying different things. i keep getting invalid address for write error. I went and bought a new lite on drive after my LG gsa H62L had the same problem. i even changed the sata cable and tried 3 diff iso. Clone dvd burned the iso just fine but i cannot adjust the layer break in that program. do you have any ideas what i can do to fix my problem?

I 11:47:41 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!

I 11:47:41 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 11:47:41 Total Physical Memory: 2,620,904 KB - Available: 2,169,080 KB

I 11:47:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:47:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:47:41 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW, 1 DVD

W 12:02:18 Failed to Write Sectors 2147552 - 2147583 - Reason: Unknown (ASC: 0x08, ASCQ: 0x08)

That's the real error.

What type of controller (make of chipset etc) is the drive connected to?

ASC 0x08, ASCQ 0x08 isn't detailed in the MMC specs (or at www.t10.org) but ASC 0x08 refers to a drive communication issue.

There's a new firmware version out for your drive btw. BL17 was actually pulled from the liteon website.

• 4 weeks later...

Im still having this same problem. I have burned 20 disks using cloneCD for wii, xbox, and movies successfully but image burn has never worked for me. my cloneCD trial ran out. Are there some settings i should change from default in image burn that might make it work for my pc. My equipment works, image burn is just not working with my equipment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.