boot help

jbonnett

First of all make sure you have the latest ImgBurn version.

Copy all the files from the disc to a folder, add the files you want to be on the disc, then use ImgBurn's Build mode -> Advanced tab -> Bootable Disc tab to extract the boot image from the source disc, and when ImgBurn asks if you want to use that information answer Yes. Add to the Source list the folder containing the files you've copied from the original and click the big Write button ;)

Copy all the files from the disc to a folder, add the files you want to be on the disc, then use ImgBurn's Build mode -> Advanced tab -> Bootable Disc tab to extract the boot image from the source disc, and when ImgBurn asks if you want to use that information answer Yes. Add to the Source list the folder containing the files you've copied from the original and click the big Write button ;)

did'nt work just in case i explained it wrong i will try agen i have an iso file witch is bootable i would like to add a file witch is missing to that iso to burn to disk and i have tryed to put iso into the boot part of imgburn i just cant do it (i have been able to make the disk boot but it is not finding the file afterme adding the correct one)

Edited by jbonnett

did'nt work just in case i explained it wrong i will try agen i have an iso file witch is bootable i would like to add a file witch is missing to that iso to burn to disk and i have tryed to put iso into the boot part of imgburn i just cant do it (i have been able to make the disk boot but it is not finding the file afterme adding the correct one)

can u help

i have an iso file witch is bootable i would like to add a file witch is missing to that iso to burn to disk and i have tryed to put iso into the boot part of imgburn i just cant do it (i have been able to make the disk boot but it is not finding the file afterme adding the correct one)

You can't add a file to an image with ImgBurn.

The best you can do is totally rebuild/recreate the image. For that you need to extract your existing ISO to a folder somewhere, extract the bootable bit somewhere else, add your file to the folder and then rebuild the image based on the folder you extracted to and the bootable bit.

That might be a little beyond you at the moment (or you wouldn't be asking for help in the first place).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.