dont understand a write error

mima

WHen I am trying to write to a DVD disc, it will not start and the message I get is "Device Not Found - No reference position found."

Please explain to this new user what the message means and how I can corredt the problem

Many thanks, mima

Edited by mima

Can you see the burner in Windows Explorer?

What model of burner do you have?

Bear with me: I do not understand what you mean when you ask if I can see the burner in WExplorer and which model I have. It was installed by my tech guy....

Thanks for your help

No problems. I'll take it a bit slower. :)

http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/libra...sexplorer.phtml

Can you see your burner in this picture - it should be listed as DVD/CD Drive

explorer_showing_cd_drive.png

How to find out your model of burner.

Execute/run this program.

Thanks for the guuidance. The version is 9P59.

I can get to the C Drive, click on the MDS version and then I get the message. I have used the program many time before but this is the first time I have gotten this message....

LiteOn DH-20A4P was the name before 9P59?

If you enter the 'Read Mode' and put a blanc disc in the burner - can you cut and copy the Disc Info from the right part of the window. Something similar to this one:

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S 1.02 (SCSI)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2

LiteOn DH-20A4P was the name before 9P59?

If you enter the 'Read Mode' and put a blanc disc in the burner - can you cut and copy the Disc Info from the right part of the window. Something similar to this one:

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S 1.02 (SCSI)

Current Profile: DVD-R

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Free Sectors: 2

You could try a lens cleaning disc on that drive to see if it helps, but I think your burner has worn out :(

A new burner is pretty cheap these days so it would be best if you could get one :thumbup:

You could try a lens cleaning disc on that drive to see if it helps, but I think your burner has worn out :(

A new burner is pretty cheap these days so it would be best if you could get one :thumbup:

This is a comparatively new burner -- just installed a few months ago....

I recall seeing quite a few people having problems with that drive and dual-layer media. Unfortunately, if the drive doesn't support the disc then ImgBurn can't do anything about it :(

//edit: look at what was posted when I was replying to you: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=11389 (notice the drive model in destination device)

I recall seeing quite a few people having problems with that drive and dual-layer media. Unfortunately, if the drive doesn't support the disc then ImgBurn can't do anything about it :(

//edit: look at what was posted when I was replying to you: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=11389 (notice the drive model in destination device)

I replaced the burner specifically to accomodate dual-layer discs....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.