Making a Bootable CD with ImgBurn (help needed?)

bluesjunior

Hi,

I found my way to these forums after downloading a copy of ImgBurn from the link provided at the link below.

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/xpsp3_slipstream.asp

I am 60yrs old, not very PC tekkie but nonetheless decided to make a Slipstreamed bootable XP SP3 CD following the instruction given in the link. Everything went well until I reached "Step 5: Make a bootable XP SP3 CD". As you can see the tutorial provided is for Nero which I do not have. I thought I could just figure out how to do it by myself but got stuck right at the beginning when I could not figure out which ImgBurn option is equivelent to "CD-ROM Boot".

Could someone here point me to a tutorial or give me a step by step on how I can achieve this by using ImgBurn. Many thanks in advance for any help offered.

Edited by bluesjunior

thanks a lot for that quick reply. I have done it now and it worked a treat. Only one question. in the tutorial I was following I had already extracted the img file using Isobuster to a folder on my C drive. I followed your instructions and reinserted my XP disc and let ImgBurn extract it again. Is there a way to just use the img I had from Isobuster?.

The one you've extracted with IsoBuster is the same as the one ImgBurn extracts, but ImgBurn's method has another advantage: as soon as you extract the boot image, ImgBurn will ask you if you want to use the same settings on the current Build, and when you answer Yes, it fills all the correct fields for you :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.