Big Problem, Reason: Power Calibration Area Error

JP101

I was using Maxell DVD+R's and got this error in my log, so tried fixing the problem by using Verbatim media. Verbatim DVD-R's did not work at all and the main Imgburn window didn't let me begin to build at all, it said 'Device Not Ready(Incompatible Medium Installed)'. I went back to the store and got the Verbatim DVD+R's and the main window accepts the software, like the Maxell, and starts writing the DVD but then it stops and I recieved the same error as in the first place. What's wrong? The burner is old but it should burn at at least 4x, right? It's an internal I/O Magic Generic DVD RW 12XMAX. This is obviously my first time trying to burn a DVD with it, but it burns CDs fine.

I 12:33:08 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 12:33:08 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 12:33:08 Total Physical Memory: 392,624 KB - Available: 94,964 KB

W 12:33:08 Drive C:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.<- P.S.- IS THIS BAD?

W 12:33:08 Drive E:\ (FAT32) does not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 12:33:08 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:33:08 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:33:09 Found 1 DVD

If your burner doesn't support the current blanks on the market then it's time for a new burner, don't you think?

By the way, ImgBurn shows what your drive is telling, so it's your burner that needs to support the media or not. And that FAT32 message is nothing to worry about ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.