Burn fails at 38%

cmaag

I have tried to burn this copy three time with no luck on it. I have tried to update my firmware and no Luck. I was wondering what was all though on this. I believe it is probably the media but it has also done this one time on a verbatim disk. Here is the log thank you in advance.

I 16:42:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 16:42:25 Found 1 DVD

You're right, it's the media: your burner doesn't support it. Could you post the log from when you've burned with Verbatim? Look in ImgBurn's Help menu.

I can't find it the log I just reformatted and it was before that. So eh I think it failed because of to fast of burn speed. So ill just burn all at 1x and see how that goes. This kinda sucks I just bought ten of these useless dvd's then. But thanks for confirming what I thought.

I 16:51:27 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

I 16:51:27 Write Speed: 1x

W 16:51:27 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 1,385 KB/s (1x), Got: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x)

It'll burn at 2.4x even if you select 1x because that's the only speed your drive supports with that media (which should be up to 8x).

What I don't understand though is that It has burnt with this media before though.

So why would it not work now ....

see

Thursday, 01 January 2009, 14:05:02

; \\****************************************//

;

;

I 12:37:02 ImgBurn Version 2.4.2.0 started!

I 12:37:02 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 12:37:02 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,208 KB - Available: 959,604 KB

I 12:37:02 Initialising SPTI...

I 12:37:02 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 12:37:02 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Maybe the quality of that disc was slightly higher and the drive was able to burn it, or the burn quality was just enough to be readable. We recommend using Verbatim 2.4x blanks because they burn good on most burners, and if a burner can't burn those 2.4x Verbatims then it's broken.

By the way, update ImgBurn to the latest version.

Maybe the quality of that disc was slightly higher and the drive was able to burn it, or the burn quality was just enough to be readable. We recommend using Verbatim 2.4x blanks because they burn good on most burners, and if a burner can't burn those 2.4x Verbatims then it's broken.

By the way, update ImgBurn to the latest version.

Yeah that what I normally use but thank you and I have already bought some more Verbatims and I will update to the most recent one also.

Thanks for everything. It just seemed a little weird to me that it would burn them one time but not the next... I guess Im just out of the money i spent on those shitty ones.

By the way any suggestions on what brand of burner to buy if I were to buy a new burner. Cause i have been told that the matshita is kinda a shitty burner and what not.

Edited by cmaag

Get a Pioneer 116/117 (or 216/217) burner in a nice external enclosure of your choice and you won't have problems again.

Sorry to have an off topic conversation here but do you have any ideas on where to find these drives cause I can't find them on tiger direct or newegg. Is there another place to look I have googled them with little to no results.

Those models are old now so far as the US is concerned, you want the 118 / 218.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827129043

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827129045

I believe the *18 series is based on the mediatek chipset though so it's basically a LiteOn in disguise.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.