ImgBurn burns DVD+R only at 1x!!!

freaky_00

I have burned a couple of DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) and the first couple of DVD+Rs were burned fine (I guess up to 12x) today I came across the 2nd one in a row which is burned at 1x!!! I will post the log when the disc is finished (due to the speed this will take 1h40m!!!). Verifiying the first disc after the burn with Nero DiscSpeed told me the disc was 100% ok but the verification itself used a read speed of 1x too although it should have used max!!! This made me suspicious and I checked if I have used Nero DriveSpeed to slow down the drive. I think I haven't done anything like that. So I ask you if anyone has a similar problem and if someone may know a fix for this.

To sum up my questions

- could this be a bug?

- could ImgBurn have a problem with other software installed?

- could this be from a software like Nero DriveSpeed?

- could this be a kind of driver interaction?

- could this be an interaction with an automatic update of Windows?

The last thing I did was update Windows. I can't even remember to have installed other software so I guess everything should be pretty much the same as before when the discs were burned fine. I will be trying another software (Nero) to burn a disc and see if it reacts the same way. And maybe I will install v2.4.4.0 to see if it happens in this version too.

Thanks in advance

Wow, you were right. I remeber to have verified a disc with lots and lots of read errors. It said for the secondary channel to be in PIO mode. Like the FAQ said uninstalling the controller set it to Ultra DMA mode 2 back again. Actually verifying the first 1x disc again. Going faster now. I checked the logs and I had Daemon Tools installed without problems with SPTD. I think I am going to install it back again but first I have to check if burning really works well again!!!

Thank you very much

BTW: Could it be possible to make a nice warning like the SPTD warning in a case of PIO mode usage of the controller?

Could it be possible to make a nice warning like the SPTD warning in a case of PIO mode usage of the controller?

I don't know if it's possible or not, that would be up to the Boss, however Windo$e incorrectly reports the DMA status most of the time ( a known bug ) , so a query as to the status would probably be wrong also. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.