Problem of speed

sale91

I 19:45:06 Destination Device: [0:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H20N 1.01 (D:) (ATA)

I 19:45:06 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: MKM-003-00) (Speeds: 4x; 6x; 8x)

I 19:45:06 Write Speed: 1x

W 19:45:06 Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 1.385 KB/s (1x), Got: 5.540 KB/s (4x)

There's newer firmware for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished).

The slowest speed your drive can burn that media is 4x but that shouldn't be a problem since slower doesn't necessarily mean a better quality burn. Also you should leave Verify enabled as that ensures the disc was correctly burned.

--

(traduzione automatica)

Non c'

That must have been a DMA issue.

It's impossible to make a drive write at a speed it doesn't support, and yours simply doesn't support 1x.

No DVD+ format discs have EVER been supported by drives at less than 2.4x. That's the slowest/initial speed the format was designed for (back when the top speed of DVD- format discs was 1x or 2x).

As LUK said the software can't force the hardware to do something it doesn't want to do. What's the real problem you're having? The drive should be doing good burns on all those listed speeds.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.