Performance issues burning

squintys

I know a few other people are having this issue, but feel I need to post also. The issue is that when burning an ISO, the first buffer fills up and then empties without actually being refilled, until it hits 0, then you get the message about it waiting for the hard drive to recover etc, then it fills back up. With the older versions, I did not have this issue. Also, in the past I was using the daemon tools SPTD and it never had these issues. Since upgrading to imageburn 2.5, its pretty scary burning dvds as this happens nearly all the time. Yes they verify okay, but I would think that the software is not supposed to work this way. I have uninstalled daemon tools, uninstalled the sptd driver (through another installer), did the dma thing, updated the chipset drivers, etc. I'm at a loss currently. Here's a recent log:

I 19:59:16 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 19:59:16 Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (5.2, Build 3790 : Service Pack 2)

I 19:59:16 Total Physical Memory: 4,193,084 KB - Available: 3,419,568 KB

I 19:59:16 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:59:16 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:59:16 Found 1 CD-RW and 1 DVD

Is your E: drive an external drive or a network drive? Is it defragmented? Were you heavily using the computer when that happened?

Go to Tools -> Settings -> I/O tab and enable the Reading - Always Use Buffered I/O option to see if it helps.

//edit too late :P

Hi and welcome to the forum, squintys! :)

Source File: E:

Is that an "ordinary" hard disk in the same computer your burn or some "network" attached?

Thanks!

I have my hard drive partitioned into C:, D:, and E: for recovery reasons. Windows is the only thing on C:, data on D:, games on E:, etc

Is your E: drive an external drive or a network drive? Is it defragmented? Were you heavily using the computer when that happened?

Go to Tools -> Settings -> I/O tab and enable the Reading - Always Use Buffered I/O option to see if it helps.

I usually defrag my drives once a month using Raxco's Perfect Disk 2008. I wasn't doing anything when it was burning and have my AV software to not scan the .iso extension.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try this and let you know.

Edited by squintys

Thanks a lot! This setting helped a lot on the first burn. It seems tons more stable now. Going to burn some other stuff and test a bit more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.