After Spanning Disk How Do I Put Them Back Together?

Shavlik

I've taken a 9GB directory and because it didn't fit on a single layer DVD I spanned it into 3 different images (Image1.i00, Image2.i01, Image3.i02, Image.mds). I created an ISO file out of each and burned them to DVD's, transferred the disk to the other computer and copied the image files off the disk to my local computer. Now I'm trying to put the .i00, i01, i02 & .mds file back together into the single 9GB .iso so I can mount it and install the application. But I'm at a loss how to do it. I tried selecting each of the files under build, but when the .iso is created it's just the image files, not the .cab files or setup.exe and file structure. How do i get these things back together?

If you're using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 52/120% mount the .mds file and it should work.

If you're using another program to mount you'll have to join the *.i0x files. You can use Command Prompt (e.g. copy /b Image1.i00+Image1.i01+Image1.i02 Image1.iso) or HJSplit or similar program to join the files into an ISO image.

By the way, ImgBurn doesn't create spanned volumes: what you've made was a split image. In the future you should consider using 7-Zip/WinRAR/etc. for creating splitting volumes.

If you're using Daemon Tools or Alcohol 52/120% mount the .mds file and it should work.

If you're using another program to mount you'll have to join the *.i0x files. You can use Command Prompt (e.g. copy /b Image1.i00+Image1.i01+Image1.i02 Image1.iso) or HJSplit or similar program to join the files into an ISO image.

By the way, ImgBurn doesn't create spanned volumes: what you've made was a split image. In the future you should consider using 7-Zip/WinRAR/etc. for creating splitting volumes.

I'm trying that now. If it helps I'm using Virtual Clone Drive. And it wouldn't allow me to mount the image file. I did try that prior to hitting the FAQ and Guides here. I'll keep you updated as to rather this worked.

Thanks again.

Edit: Worked perfectly, thank you very much.

Edited by Shavlik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.