Order of burned MP3 files

haybill

I used "Build" to create a disc of MP3 files. I specified the order to burn them in, but the resulting disc seems to have the files in order by filename. For example, when I put the disc in my CD player, the MP3 files are played in filename order and not in the order that I specified. Any way to get around this?

I don't fully understand why ImgBurn lets me specify the order of the files (using the up and down arrows on the menu), if that is not the order in which the files are burned...

If I use a program like Xilisoft's AudioMaker, it *is* able to burn the MP3 files unto the disc (keeping them as MP3 files if I want) in the order I specify.

For a lot of reasons I prefer ImgBurn, though. So as a workaround I'll just manually rename the files in the order I want ImgBurn to burn them to the disc (using "001", "002" at the start of the filenames).

Thanks,

Bill

Moving them up and down lets you manipulate their physical position on the disc/within the image - and that's only if you have the option selected in the settings.

Being able to tweak the physical order of files is useful when you want certain things at the end of the disc for greater speed etc. The info in the file system will always be sorted alphabetically as per the relevant specifications.

That program just ignores/breaks all the specs when creating the file system (and they're buggy too). Whilst that might be great for you and your player, it's not something I want to do in ImgBurn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.