Interesting...was working just fine yesterday...

chima07

So, I bought that pioneer external burner as (you) suggested. And, it has been a charm the last week. Now I'm getting internal errors.

LOG

10:09:12 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 10:09:12 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 10:09:12 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,316 KB - Available: 732,108 KB

I 10:09:12 Initialising SPTI...

I 10:09:12 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 10:09:12 Found 1 DVD

Says who?!

What you're aiming for is the best quality burn your drive/firmware/media combo is capable of.

There's nothing to say you get that at 2.4x, it could be at *any* of the supported write speeds. (The 'supported write speeds' being 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x)

So you might as well just use up the MKM-003-00 discs you've got left by trying one on each of those speeds.

Says who?!

What you're aiming for is the best quality burn your drive/firmware/media combo is capable of.

There's nothing to say you get that at 2.4x, it could be at *any* of the supported write speeds. (The 'supported write speeds' being 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 10x)

So you might as well just use up the MKM-003-00 discs you've got left by trying one on each of those speeds.

I went out and bought the verbatim 2.4x disc, and it gave me write errors 21% in....i ditched the disc because I know it won't

finalize 360 iso files w/ write errors. I'm now trying at 4x, hopefully this works, if not....in some trouble.

THANKS ADAM

DO YOU THINK IT GOT MESSED UP being that I travel with

it from work/home in my backpack?

If it worked before it might be worth a try with a cleaning disc.

sigh...

Reason: Unknown

keeps giving me same error, I tried on verbatim 2.4x disc and at 2x, 2.4x and 4x and no luck

should I just return unit, and try another one?

shouldn't have to clean it being that I've had it for what, 4-5 days now...

Could it be the file?

Try to get it replaced.

It's not the file, ImgBurn only sees it as a lot of 1 and 0 pieces.

alright I will get it replaced tomorrow, you think that it's a bad burner, or should I not be transferring it back and forth in my backpack

how could it have went bad?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.