Hard drive removed, ImgBurn no longer works

loki_racer

I used to have a second hard drive installed in my computer. I recently removed it because I no longer needed it. However, the last place I burned an image from in ImgBurn was from a path on that removed hard drive.

Now when I try to run ImgBurn to burn an iso. I start the app, and click "write", then click "Browse for a file..."

ImgBurn 2.5.0.0 throws this error.

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1."

Running Windows Vista Premier x64

Log

---------------------------------------------------------------

I 14:51:13 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:51:13 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium x64 Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:51:13 Total Physical Memory: 8,386,132 KB - Available: 6,119,868 KB

W 14:51:13 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 14:51:13 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:51:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:51:13 Found 1 DVD

ImgBurn uses standard Windows dialogs for Open/Save operations, so that's a problem with your Windows. Isn't there a Cancel or Abort button?

Alternatively you can double-click on the ISO file and ImgBurn should open it (provided that it's associated with the .iso file extension). You can also drag and drop your ISO image to ImgBurn.

There are abort and continue buttons, but clicking them does nothing more than reopen the error dialog box. The only way to escape the dialog boxes is to stop the process in the task manager.

I'm not sure that this is a support issue as much as a bug. If the previous folder can't be found, shouldn't it default to My Computer or something of this nature?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.