Program Memory Area Update Failure

Zeev Katz

I lost several midias that far. I am running Windows Vista x64. I read thread on PMAU failure, but didn't find help for my issue. I am sending below the log as suggested. Thanx for help.

Zeev

I 13:46:53 Operation Started!

I 13:46:53 Building Image Tree...

I 13:46:53 Checking Directory Depth...

I 13:46:53 Calculating Totals...

I 13:46:53 Preparing Image...

W 13:46:53 Joliet File: '\Alceu Valen

I've recorded several discs of this make already, with all sort of files, images, movies and so, using this very same recorder. I didn't have any problem until now. The issue may be related to long names of files, that must be renamed? (see warnings below)

Zeev

W 13:46:53 Joliet File: '\Alceu Valen

It's not related to filenames, the error comes directly from the burner: it can't burn the media you're using. Even though it's the same brand you've been using the dye used to manufacture the disc may have changed and that's why it's erroring now.

Sorry, but I bought a pin with 100 DVDs of this same brand and I have burned half of them already, mostly (about 90%) successfully. So it cannot be the dye that changed. I lost 6 discs tryng to burn this set of files. It's odd, but there must be another explanation for what's happening.

Zeev

What LUK said still stands:

Get some different/better discs. Your drive doesn't appear to like that dye (CMC MAG. AE1) very much.

A firmware update could help with your problem but there's none for your burner. You could try a lens cleaning disc on that burner to see if it helps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.