HELP! Can't burn large ISO to DL media

Larry Thomas

I'm about to pull out what's left of my hair!

I've tried Nero 7, Nero 9, Roxio 10.2, and ImgBurn 2.5.0 to burn a 7.4 GB ISO to a DL disk.

I know the ISO is good, because I've mounted it as a soft volume before and used it extensively.

The PC is a Dell XPS 730, with a PLDS DH-16AS drive. Nero (both versions) said it burned OK, but the verify failed at the 50% point. Roxio burned a little more than half, and then it stopped with an error (and not much of a message: Sense: 03 ASC: 0C ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

The media is Memorex, but made by Ritek.

The log (I've manually changed/deleted some file names for security reasons):

I 17:21:37 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 17:21:37 Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition (6.0, Build 6001 : Service Pack 1)

I 17:21:37 Total Physical Memory: 3,142,276 KB - Available: 968,296 KB

W 17:21:37 Drive X:\ (FAT) might not support single files > 4 GB in size.

I 17:21:37 Initialising SPTI...

I 17:21:37 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 17:21:38 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD

Noticed the Total Errors in Sectors: 1? That's usually caused by bad memory. If you haven't overclocked your computer or messed with memory timings then you should get it replaced. If you want to really test the memory of your computer then use memtest. Vista also has a built-in memory test: press F8 while the computer is booting, then press ESC at the menu that appears and you should be able to access it.

You should also look for updated drivers for your motherboard's chipset (use SIW if you don't know what brand/model you have).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.