First time using a DVD+R DL

MirrorMirror

I'm working on copying a movie & I'm running into problems with layer breaks & what seems to be previewing. I'm using Memorex DVD+R DL disks & for a burner I'm using a TSSTcorp H-653L drive, with the latest firmware update. I haven't used a disk yet; but I started using DVDFab 6 to copy the movie, then I ran it through DVDShrink with no compression, then I'd go to IMGBurn & started with creating an image from files/folder. I would be asked to create a layer break; and I'd have a bunch of options, with the stars next to them showing average. I'd select preview cell & the quality was just terrible. Black lines running across the screen & whatnot.

So the second time I decided to skip DVDshrink. Same process. Same result.

The third time I decided to create an ISO. Same process. Same result.

NOW I decided to not use DVDFab6 & went with DVD Decrypter. When I get to IMGBurn, I get a yellow star next to one of the areas to create a layer break. But the image during the cell preview is... well it's better; but there's still... I don't know how to describe it. There aren't black lines as clear; but there's something. I tried using another DVD of mine, just to make sure that it was nothing. The other DVD in the cell preview screen was jumpy in scenes & there were feint lines.

Is this just something during the preview, or what?

Hi and welcome to the forum, MirrorMirror! :)

Sounds more as a problem with your video drivers.

Try to check mark this fellow:

Main Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> tab General page 2 -> Don't Use DirectDraw Overlays

Hi and welcome to the forum, MirrorMirror! :)

Sounds more as a problem with your video drivers.

Try to check mark this fellow:

Main Menu -> Tools -> Settings -> tab General page 2 -> Don't Use DirectDraw Overlays

I checked Don't use DirectDraw Overlays. Seems like a start. Still funky at the beginning; but it toned down a little. I'm going to download new drivers for my card (Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT) & see if that helps. I'll also upload an image.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.