Making DVD from AVI format

ssmehta007

Hi and welcome to the forum, ssmehta007! :)

Shouldn't be any problems to add .avi files in the build mode. You are in Build mode when you add it? What error message do you get?

Changing the .avi to .iso is the same as you wrote banana on an apple. It's still an apple. The .avi is not an image file and that's why you can't use the write mode.

If you are going to play the .avi on a regular DVD player that can't play .avi files - you need to convert the file(s) first with a program such as DVD Flick.

I am in the build mode and did select the file and the error message that I get is...I/o error. Is there a faq question or guidance step by step directions how does one burn a DVD using AVI file from the computer.

Hi and welcome to the forum, ssmehta007! :)

Shouldn't be any problems to add .avi files in the build mode. You are in Build mode when you add it? What error message do you get?

Changing the .avi to .iso is the same as you wrote banana on an apple. It's still an apple. The .avi is not an image file and that's why you can't use the write mode.

If you are going to play the .avi on a regular DVD player that can't play .avi files - you need to convert the file(s) first with a program such as DVD Flick.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.