Can't Burn Dual Layer...need urgent help

dunnuck

Everytime I try to burn a dual layer dvd, it stops part way through. I just got a brand new PIONEER DVD drive today. I tried Nero as well (that came with it) and the write still fails. I have gone through 7 of 25 discs. And im pissed. I dont know whats wrong. I am using memorex, and I know those usually work because my two friends use them for the same purpose. I have tried running the burn faster, slower, and nothing is working., I set the DMA or whatever it's called to open, and it still doesn't work. Idk what to do. The file is about 7.8gb. When it stops, a box pops up and states the following.

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-XD09 1.00 (F:) (USB)

ScsiStatus: 0x02

Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 2A 00 00 08 AB 60 00 00 20 00

Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 568160 - 568191

Sense Area: 71 00 03 00 08 A8 80 0E 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00

Interpretation: Write Error

The log is

I 19:10:41 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 19:10:41 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:10:41 Total Physical Memory: 498,096 KB - Available: 26,116 KB

I 19:10:41 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:10:41 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:10:44 Found 1 CD-ROM, 1 DVD

I 19:13:18 Destination Device: [0:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-XD09 1.00 (F:) (USB)

I 19:13:18 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x, 4x)

You only have 2.4x and 4x write speeds, and if none of them work then you'll need to try with higher quality media, such as the Verbatim 2.4x blanks.

Slim burners are rubbish, especially for burning dual-layer media, so it would be better if you could return/exchange that burner and get a normal-sized one in an external enclosure of your choice :thumbup:

Hey this is dunnucks dad, one thing I think there are a lot of corrupted files on his system, in fact I know there is, he used my restore disk to get this thing up and running a long time ago and I have a different model gateway than he does. He then downloaded drivers for his gateway. to add to all this the harddrive has never been defraged, the reg has never been cleaned, in other words I think a restore would fix the problem, but I could be wrong. We have a game here which is on memorex disk, and it works fine, in fact everyone we know uses the memorex brand because the local best buy hasn't had the others in stock. I also hate to have shelled out 50 bucks for nothing, though I'm going to try and return them, I don't know how far I'll get. So what do you all think of cleaning up the system and then giving it a shot? Thanks for the fast replies.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.