After upgrading to 2.5.0.0 no Writers Detected

SloMotion

Let me start off by saying how much I appreciate all the hard and good work done on ImgBurn, it has been a useful program to me for a very long time.

Yesterday I decided to upgrade to 2.5.0.0 form 2.4.4.0. When I tried burning a DVD afterwards it said there were no Writers Detected. It did say that it found "1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!" which supposedly is my writer.

Now it might be that it reset some settings, or is there something I'm missing? Any help would be appreciated. (this also includes if you need me to post any technical aspects).

Kind regards,

Jan Hermans

P.S. I uninstalled 2.5 and reinstalled 2.4.4. which now is also unable to find my writer. To the best of my knowledge I did not install/uninstall/do anything special during the last 3 days. Basically I have been using imgburn successfully until I yesterday when I decided to upgrade to the latest version.

Quick Edit:

I also checked the other (search) topics on this one, and I have no virtual drive running at the moment, and the DVD-Rom is mentioned in the systems hardware tab. Let me stress once more that I have been using ImgBurn succesfully for a long long time, until yesterday I decided to upgrade to 2.5.

Just to be complete:

I 15:58:36 ImgBurn Version 2.4.4.0 started!
I 15:58:36 Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition (6.0, Build 6002 : Service Pack 2)
I 15:58:36 Total Physical Memory: 2.095.616 KB  -  Available: 1.185.064 KB
I 15:58:36 Initialising SPTI...
I 15:58:36 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 15:58:36 Found 1 BD-ROM/HD DVD-ROM!

Edited by SloMotion

Well the first thing I'd do in your situation is go into device manager and look at the cd/dvd rom drives section to see if all the drives are listed there.

You could then uninstall all the 'controller' entries in the ide/ata controllers section and reboot.

It certainly looks like you have a virtual drive running there, very few other (if any?!) drives would show up like that.

When you first installed 2.5 did you touch any of the install options?

Updating the program itself isn't going to have done anything because it's just a single exe and can't possible do *anything* to your system unless it's actually running - it has no drivers.

Well the first thing I'd do in your situation is go into device manager and look at the cd/dvd rom drives section to see if all the drives are listed there.

You could then uninstall all the 'controller' entries in the ide/ata controllers section and reboot.

It certainly looks like you have a virtual drive running there, very few other (if any?!) drives would show up like that.

When you first installed 2.5 did you touch any of the install options?

Updating the program itself isn't going to have done anything because it's just a single exe and can't possible do *anything* to your system unless it's actually running - it has no drivers.

Thanks for the reply, as I stated before I have no virtual drives running, daemon tools is installed but doesn't start up at booting (nor was it running at the time of the copy/paste). However, I uninstalled all controller entries and... that fixed it :). I did a normal install, only unchecked the boxes of adding it to the start menu and one other (don't recall the exact name). As it is working again now I'd like to thank you once more :). :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.