Problem burning from Toshiba laptop

feehshatl

I have been trying to burn this image file to disk but it has not been cooperating with me here is my log:I 18:23:54 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 18:23:54 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 18:23:54 Total Physical Memory: 1,038,316 KB - Available: 623,976 KB

I 18:23:54 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:23:54 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:23:54 Found 1 DVD

I 18:29:21 Destination Device: [1:0:0] MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-841S 1.60 (D:) (ATA)

You know a burner is crappy quality when even the manufacturer acknowledges such fact in the product's name :P

Seriously, though, laptop burners aren't great for dual-layer burning, so your best chance of getting a good burn is using the Verbatim 2.4x blanks.

You may be able to burn those other dual-layer discs with a different burner, preferably a recent full size one in a desktop computer or an external enclosure :unsure:

If it was me I would get the newest internal full size model from Pioneer or Optiarc and put it in an external enclosure.

Now if you want a factory-assembled external model there are several from LG, Samsung, Lite-On, Pioneer, etc, but they might be more expensive than assembling one yourself, and depending on their firmware updates they might not be as good as an internal drive in an external enclosure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.