Add multiple folders with vobs to create one dvd?

blue2

I've recorded off air programs, demuxed them with pgcdemux, added in subtitles and then remuxed them with muxman. What I then have is a folder containing vob files. Using the BUILD mode, I've then created dvds with ImgBurn without problem.

Now I have a few questions:

1) Although I add a title to the Volume Set, ISO9660 and UDF, when I play these discs on my salon player, there is no title listed on the discs. They just autoplay. Is there any way to add a simple title or menu so the dvds do not autoplay?

2) Can I add more than one folder using the Build mode and have it recognized as a dvd? My first test failed. Is this because adding more than one folder would require a menu structure, and if so, what do I need to do to it (re-author? with what?) I'm not trying to do anything special, just add a few shorts to one dvd.

Thanks for a great program.

Is there no way to add multiple folders in build mode to create a dvd? Is the folder selection in build mode only to create a data disc?

This seems like a pretty straightforward task and I've already tossed out several discs attempting to do this. Anyone?

ImgBurn is just a burning tool: it doesn't handle video/menus/etc.

I think you need an authoring tool to do what you want, even DVD Shrink in re-author mode should be able to do it.

ImgBurn is just a burning tool: it doesn't handle video/menus/etc.

I think you need an authoring tool to do what you want, even DVD Shrink in re-author mode should be able to do it.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course I realize that ImgBurn is a burning tool. I just seem to remember that some versions of Nero provided the ability to add a title to a dvd so I wondered if ImgBurn had that ability as well.

Regarding dvds, it also wasn't clear to me why I can add a single folder in Build mode and have it recognized as a dvd. So when I then see an advanced menu in Build mode that permits multiple folders to be added and their names to be changed, why wouldn't that too not be recognized as a dvd? Perhaps that is just for data folders, but nothing in the documentation made this clear.

DVD Video discs have a single 'VIDEO_TS' that players read the IFO/BUP/VOB files from.

The IFO/BUP/VOB files need to be authored correctly to play in a sequence or whatever, you can't just stick random ones together and expect anything to happen.

Both 'Input' modes of 'Build' mode can add multiple folders. Build mode isn't just for DVD Video you know.

Nero is a huge application, you can't expect ImgBurn to do everything it does.

Thanks Lightning.

It's a great program and I was merely asking what is possible. It was just hard for me to understand what I needed to do to prepare these multiple folders and have them recognized as a dvd. I'll check one of the authorizing forums.

In case it was not clear, I'm not trying to add "random" IFO/BUP/VOB files together. Rather, I have separate folders and if I bunt each individual folder by itself using the build mode, it would be playable as a dvd. My question was if there was a way to burn two of these individual folders to disc and have this recognized as a dvd. That would be more practical that burning each one to disc when the segments are small.

Thanks again.

Edited by blue2

Well you can't have 2 folders with the same name - and as the DVD Video disc folder must be called 'VIDEO_TS', hopefully you can see that it's not possible.

If your player supported DivX etc, that would be a different matter. You could have as many folders as you wanted, each with a different video in them (or multiple videos). But then of course we're talking about AVI files and not IFO/VOB/BUP ones.

Thanks for your reply, Lightning.

Maybe that explains where my confusion came from. The folders that I've been burning are not labeled "VIDEO-TS", but rather by the name of the program title. ImgBurn does ask me each time if I'm trying to build a DVD, and the disc is created perfectly. So is it renaming these folders to "VIDEO-TS"?

And yes, as my experience was with AVIs, I thought that as the folders were named differently they would be recognized as being distinct. Howver, if they're being renamed, I see the problem.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.