DL DVD+R Failing at 50% Completion

ToddHanson

I am a newbie to IMGBurn, but I have successfully burned about 10 DVD-R's with ease

Now I am trying to burn a Ritek DVD+RDL but it continues t fail half way through. This makes me wonder if it is failing at the transition to the second layer. I just want a usable DVD.

My success was with Sony single layer DVD's. I realize that Ritek (Memorex, in this case) is not a preferred media, but it should it be unusable? I could drop $40 on some Sony's, from Target, but I am concerned that those will fail as well. These Ritek's were $36, but I got them on sale for $20. Prices are for a spindle of 20.

Below is the error log. It lists the Plextor Drive and the Ritek media.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are going to suggest buing Verbatim media, is there anywhere I can buy Verbatim which is not on line?

I have been burning CDR's for about 10 years.

Thank you.

Todd

I 19:09:42 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 19:09:42 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 3)

I 19:09:42 Total Physical Memory: 514,124 KB - Available: 136,184 KB

I 19:09:42 Initialising SPTI...

I 19:09:42 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 19:09:42 Found 1 DVD-ROM/CD-RW and 1 DVD

I 19:35:29 Destination Device: [0:0:0] PLEXTOR DVDR PX-740A 1.01 (E:) (ATA)

I 19:35:29 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished) and try again with a brand new blank disc.

If it doesn't work then you can try a lens cleaning disc on your burner to see if it helps, or you could try using the Verbatim blanks, preferably the 2.4x ones.

I 19:35:29 Destination Device: [0:0:0] PLEXTOR DVDR PX-740A 1.01 (E:) (ATA)

I 19:35:29 Destination Media Type: DVD+R DL (Disc ID: RITEK-S04-66) (Speeds: 2.4x)

Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished) and try again with a brand new blank disc.

If it doesn't work then you can try a lens cleaning disc on your burner to see if it helps, or you could try using the Verbatim blanks, preferably the 2.4x ones.

Shoot! Thank you for the firmware update link. I upgraded to 1.02 and was hopeful, but I had the same result with the Ritek discs. Burned exactly 50%. Today I called Best Buy, and they have Verbatim 2L DVD's, so guess I will buy some tomorrow.

I wonder if I should create a new image with the new firmware? I think I will try that now.

Thank you.

Todd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.