DVD movie image quality

newport_j

I am very new to IMGBRN. I just downloaded it and used it today. I was having trouble with the SONIC software that came with my system so I switched. I think that I know how to use it now.

I have two questions though. First how do you determine the DVD output quality? In the Sonic software you are given a choice. The higher the quality the bigger the DVD space that is required. In fact, if you get to the highest quality for say a movie lasting 1.5 to 2 hours then to get the whole movie on one disk one must switch from a single layer to a dual layer disk. I am surprised about that because I have a lot of prerecorded disks that have a two hour movie and they are only single layer DVD's.

The second question is very similar to the first. I could not burn a 1.75 hour movie to a single layer disk in SONIC software (for the highest quality DVD) and had to go to dual layer DVD burning. However, IMGBRN got the film on a single layer disk. Was the quality sacrificed by IMGBRN to get the movie all on a single layer DVD?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.