ISZ image file support

johnye_pt

Since someone :doh: because someone else bumped the other topic from 2007, i created a new one.

Not sure if I could support it, but even if I could, I wouldn't!

I didn't understand why wouldn't you support this format, it's great for archiving and can be burned directly. I hate using UltraISO to burn ISZ image files, and i don't like the ISZ -> ISO -> ImgBurn method.

No not at all, I just see no point in supporting a format that's not really used by people!

I use it, my friends use it, i believe many out there use it too.

Latest Daemon Tools PRO and Alcohol already support .isz

It looks like that isz becomes common :)

I've found this format very useful, because it shrinks 300+ gigabytes of my ps2 isos to 100 gigs!

Now I'm looking for the fast way to burn them.

I use alcohol too, but only the 52% free version. I also backup all my PS2 games in isz format. Kids are always kids, scratched DVDs are mandatory in their hands.

Now for the serious part: i have used ImgBurn for many years, mainly because it is free and does everything it is supposed to do. ISZ support would be a must for me and others; so, since your front page says "Help me improve ImgBurn" by donating with PayPal, i wouldn't mind donating 10 bucks to see ImgBurn improved with ISZ support.

[ have used ImgBurn for many years, mainly because it is free and does everything it is supposed to do

i wouldn't mind donating 10 bucks to see ImgBurn improved with ISZ support

So...for $10.00 the :worthy: Boss :worthy: is supposed to do something he already said he doesn't want to do??? And, if he doesn't, you'll still be using the program without donating a couple bucks...now there is an incentive to do something if I ever saw one... :blink:

=))=))=))

[ have used ImgBurn for many years, mainly because it is free and does everything it is supposed to do

i wouldn't mind donating 10 bucks to see ImgBurn improved with ISZ support

So...for $10.00 the :worthy: Boss :worthy: is supposed to do something he already said he doesn't want to do??? And, if he doesn't, you'll still be using the program without donating a couple bucks...now there is an incentive to do something if I ever saw one... :blink:

=))=))=))

Your mind works in mysterious ways...

As i said, the program is free and it does (almost) everything i need it to do. But by your way of thinking, i should not donate? I should not incentive new features, even if the "boss" does not like them? That was the weirdest way ever of saying "i don't want your money". OK, understood.

No one said you shouldn't incentive new features, but you should understand that if the wanted feature isn't something that the vast majority of the users want then LUK is less than likely to add it to his program.

As for donations and freeware programs, it's customary to donate when you want to congratulate the author(s) for a good work, not to get a feature added :huh:

No one said you shouldn't incentive new features, but you should understand that if the wanted feature isn't something that the vast majority of the users want then LUK is less than likely to add it to his program.

As for donations and freeware programs, it's customary to donate when you want to congratulate the author(s) for a good work, not to get a feature added :huh:

This is what i call a good reply ;)

I know a donation is to congratulate and incentivate (is this word right?) the author, not to request or demand features, also this feature was already mentioned and discarded. But because the ISZ format is open to public, i think it would be a feature some would like to have in ImgBurn. Then again we are merely mortals in the hands of LUK :worthy: But isn't donating a way to say "we want more?" Well, ISZ support in ImgBurn is what i want more ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.