Can't create backup DVD using ImgBurn

Burnin' fool

I've had no problems burning an ISO image to DVD until today. This was the first time I used "Create image file from disc," but three times now my end product is a burned disc with just the Audio_TS and Video_TS folders with VOB files (which I can play with VLC media player). There is no option, for example, to play with Windows Media Player. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Help!

If you use Read mode (Create image file from disc) and then Write mode (Write image file to disc), the original/backups discs are identical.

If you have an issue with playback then that's nothing to do with ImgBurn.

Just open media player manually and tell it to play the disc. That said, media player can't play DVD's unless you have a proper DVD Video player installed - and if you have one of them install you should be using that rather than media player anyway!

This is just basic/common windows stuff, Google it.

If you use Read mode (Create image file from disc) and then Write mode (Write image file to disc), the original/backups discs are identical.

Just open media player manually and tell it to play the disc. That said, media player can't play DVD's unless you have a proper DVD Video player installed - and if you have one of them install you should be using that rather than media player anyway!

Sorry, newbie's mistake: It was the AutoPlay setting on Windows Vista. I now have three identical backup discs! Live and learn . . .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.