img cant read disc

bfizzle

okay im using imgburn to burn xbox 360 games. and this is my first time. i need help because i've downloaded a torrent for need for speed shift and it passed the stealth patch through abgx 360 and when i click the .dvd file to burn with img burn it just wont read the disc and the log says W 12:18:38 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

but even when i put the disc in my driver it doesnt come up? can someone help me fix this so i can burn my games?

please...

copy + paste what you see in the log window please.

A screenshot of what ImgBurn looks like once you've clicked the 'Write image file to disc' option on the main screen, loaded the image and put a blank disc in the drive would be good too.

I 18:53:35 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 18:53:35 Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition (6.0, Build 6000)

I 18:53:35 Total Physical Memory: 2,086,404 KB - Available: 1,009,956 KB

W 18:53:35 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 18:53:35 Initialising SPTI...

I 18:53:35 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 18:53:35 Found 1 DVD±RW!

this is what comes up. and when i put the disc in it wont even read it?

When you put the blank disc in the drive and are in Write mode ('Write Image File to disc' option), what does the message in the status bar say?

what do you mean? when i put the disc in it usually says ready and click the button to start, it works for dvds but not for the games.

What you're burning makes no difference and doesn't even come into it.

If the drive initialises your blank disc correctly, the statusbar should say 'Ready'.

If it doesn't then your drive doesn't like the media very much.

what you mean it doesnt like it? what should i do so that it can burn the games? because when i put in a regualr disc it reads it but it doesnt read the dual layered. but ive made copies of old games and it worked but not now

I'm not sure how else to explain 'it doesn't like it', it means exactly what it says.

The drive can't initialise the discs properly... read the bits it needs to etc.

For that reason, it'll never be 'Ready' to burn.

You'll have to use some different discs, try cleaning the drive or just buy a new one.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.