Problem with menus..NEED HELP!

JumpinJimFlash

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I am trying to burn DVD's as a gift and want to have the DVD's as compliant with all DVD players as possible. I am using Verbatim DL -R. Reading this forum I see +R is preferred, but everyone I talk to says -R is the way to go. My problem is that the burn is successful and it looks like it all works, until the DVD locks up near then end of the movie. Also, I have 5 pages of menus to jump to selecte dpoints and the last 4 are not navigable... same point the DVD locks up at if you're watching it real time.

Can anyone offer advice as to the DVD that is most compatible, be it +R or -R and what I can do to fix this problem.

Side note, I am slightly over the limit for a single layer disc, but IMGBURN tells me I can fit all the content on a single disc. I assume the DVD advice for +r or -R would apply to a single layer disc too?

Thanks again for any help here. It is very important to me.

Cheers,

-J

Jim;

1. Post a copy of the log.

2. Without that I would guess that the way yu authored the disc doesn't link the menue's correctly.

3. +R and -R were important at one time. Unless you're giving them out to people with really old machines it really doesn't matter. If you absolutely need the best compatibility that you can get, use Taiyo Yuden -R discs.

4. Don't overburn, it may be cheaper than Verbatim Dual Layers (Made in Singapore) but it poses a lot of problems with the end data viability.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.