DVD space on a disk

newport_j

I have been using IMGBRN and DVD Flick for a one month now and I am pleased with it. I am confused about one thing. I downloaded some files from Youtube Classic TV. They were short half hour TV episodes. They did not take up much hard drive disk space (about 50 MB of windows media player) when I downloaded them on a disk.

I was very surprised to find that they used so much disk space converted them and burned them to a DVD! Of course they were converted, but a half hour show was now something like 4.5 GB after being converted to an ISO file. That is 100% the amount of space on a whole single layer DVD. Now they have yet to be burned so they are just 1 half hour episode to a single layer DVD? That just does not make sense.

So it should take just one half hour show per single layer DVD disk? But, I could put at least 2 and sometimes 4 episodes on a single disk. It seems a pre-recored DVD has 2 hours of a space (enough for a single movie) on a single layer disk. A single layer DVD disk has 4.5 GB of space so it should take just a half hour show and then it is full!

I like to burn at the highest quality, but that should allow for 2 hours for single layer disk.

Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

Newport_j

Even though that's unrelated to ImgBurn (DVD Flick only uses ImgBurn for image creation/disc burning), DVD Flick always fills the disc with the video(s) you added and the more videos you add the worse the video quality will be. You'll have to test a few times to find what works best for you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.