Image quality and Rec time

newport_j

In a previous post concerning using IMBBRN and DVD Flick combination, I was told that IMGBRN always makes room for the files you a putting on (burning on) DVD. That is fine, but what about a dual layer disk? How does it (IMGBRN) know whether to go to the next layer? Do you have to tell it; by it I mean the software.

Also, if I download a 30 minutes program made in the fifties (from Youtube) and burn only it to a single layer DVD it will take up all of the disk. What a waste of space! If I burn two 30 minutes programs on a single layer disk that is more efficient usage of the disk and I bet that I will suffer no loss of quality, and likewise if I burn three 30 minute programs. At some point the quality (image quality) starts to fall off since I am trying to squeeze a lot programs onto a 4.7 GB single layer disk. What is this point? I thought on a prerecorded store bought disk that a two hour color movie what about 4.7 GB or the space available on a single layer DVD blank. I am assuming that store bought DVD's have the highest quality images.

I am not so sure now. My single layer DVD blanks say that for 1 hour of highest quality last fr only 1 hour on a single. I want high quality, but I want to avoid wasting space.

You can never do better than the original quality of the program.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Newport_j

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.