Tracking servo failure (only in windows)

R3-r1pp3r

Hi folks, hope you can help, ive recently started getting quite a lot of failed writess to DVD's when im using windows (and imgburn obviously :)

But i never have a problem when using ubuntu.

After it fails i get an error box that tells me it interperates the fault as a "tracking servo failure"

[Here is a s/shot of the error box --> http://www.picvalley.net/v.php?p=u/2449/1696329615159702820012581460078XSb0JoUYPejb1ExbTXP.JPG ]

A servo failure sounds like hardware problem to me but it works flawlessly in Linux ???

Here is my log.......

Any ideas on where my problem lies??

Thanks R1pp3r

EDIT: I've just noticed it did actually burn most of the data to the disc, and it reads and plays ok, it only missed the last hour of the last film on the disc (6 in total)

Not sure if that makes any difference.

ImgBurn.log

Edited by R3-r1pp3r

I 07:56:08 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H12N UL01 (D:) (ATA)

I 07:56:08 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x)

I 07:56:08 Write Speed: MAX

Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Burn at 8x or 12x, or 16x if you want the fastest reliable speed. If it still does that then try a lens cleaning disc on your burner.

I 07:56:08 Destination Device: [1:0:0] HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H12N UL01 (D:) (ATA)

I 07:56:08 Destination Media Type: DVD+R (Disc ID: MCC-004-00) (Speeds: 4x, 8x, 12x, 16x, 18x)

I 07:56:08 Write Speed: MAX

Update your burner's firmware (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished). Burn at 8x or 12x, or 16x if you want the fastest reliable speed. If it still does that then try a lens cleaning disc on your burner.

Thank you squire, firmware update *seems* to have sorted it, i've just burned 3 discs on the trot no prob's.

(i say "seems" as it has been on and off like this for a few days now, so im not out the woods yet but today has been more of than on till that update :thumbsup:)

I didn't realise it was on max, although i had tried all the speeds when the prob' first came up.

*touchwood* All will be well now.

Once again, Thank you for such an apt and speedy response tis a rare occurance with most software "support" (especially considering it wasnt even a fault with your software!)

which way to the donate button?

R1pp3r

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.