Sound Quality of Audio Files

ToddSaid

Hi,

I've looked through the forums for this and can't seem to find an answer - hoping someone can help me out.

I've created a cue file for a set of mp3s and then burned the cue image to a cd. Upon playback, the sound has a buzzing quality and sounds very tinny. If I play the original mp3 it sounds fine. If I burn the mp3 to a cd using IB (as data), it sounds fine. I've tried playback on two different machines - same result.

This is on IB 2.5, Win XP, Directx 9.0c

When I look for the filters in the Filter Driver Load Order (don't even know if this matters), I see this:

===============================================

Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0

===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]

Upper Class Filter: [None Found]

Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device

Lower Class Filter: [None Found]

Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

I do not have any other CD burning software installed. Thanks very much for any guidance.

-Todd

You probably have a bad filter that's messing up mp3 decoding. Use GraphEdit to see which filter is being used and then remove the software/codec pack/etc that installed it.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I did some searching online about Graphedit and I can't seem to figure out how it works. That being said, I'm only working with MP3s - is there a way to just replace/repair the MP3 software/codec pack? Thanks again!

-T

GraphEdit is pretty simple to use: open it, go to File menu then Render Media, choose a mp3 file and click OK. It'll show a few boxes and the one(s) in the middle is(are) the problematic filters (the first and the last boxes are input/output holders).

From the name of the problematic filters you can have a look in Add/Remove Programs to see which program/codec pack/etc is the problem.

GraphEdit is pretty simple to use: open it, go to File menu then Render Media, choose a mp3 file and click OK. It'll show a few boxes and the one(s) in the middle is(are) the problematic filters (the first and the last boxes are input/output holders).

From the name of the problematic filters you can have a look in Add/Remove Programs to see which program/codec pack/etc is the problem.

Hi,

Ok, I ran GraphEdit and found that the ffdshow was disabled. I downloaded ffdshow and installed it. When I look at the Filter Sort order in IB, it still doesn't show any filters. Should it? Thanks again - I appreciate your help.

-T

The Filter Driver Load Order option in ImgBurn's Tools menu is for a completely different purpose. Render the graph again with graphedit and check if ffdshow is being used now.

Hi,

It looks like ffdshow is now being used. Thanks so much for your assistance.

Best,

Todd

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.