Another book type problem

sol

-Sorry, Log added below now.

Hi all, been loving IMG so far, and really appreciate all the guides and help available here; but now I'm stumped!

I have been trying to set book type; my burner is apparently an LG (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM_GSA-H60N), ut when I try to change LG to DVD+R DL, I get the error 'invalid command operation code' and can't go any further. I've checked firmware hq and there's nothing available for my burner, I've also burned single layer recently with no probs, so I know it's working.

For what it's worth, I'm on XP SP2, and tearing my hair out!

Any ideas?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Sol.

I 14:19:11 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 14:19:11 Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)

I 14:19:11 Total Physical Memory: 2,358,764 KB - Available: 1,461,512 KB

I 14:19:11 Initialising SPTI...

I 14:19:11 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 14:19:12 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

That means the firmware doesn't support the booktype command.

Just to be clear, you're using the LG tab of the Change Book Type dialog, right? Does it report the current booktype when you select Change (For DVD+R DL Media)? Do you want to set the booktype to Normal or DVD-ROM?

To Dvd-Rom - just checked it again and yes it's the LG tab - it doesn't seem to report any booktype.

If it doesn't support the booktype command, am I screwed?

Thanks for your help by the way, very kind of you.

That means the firmware doesn't support the booktype command.

Just to be clear, you're using the LG tab of the Change Book Type dialog, right? Does it report the current booktype when you select Change (For DVD+R DL Media)? Do you want to set the booktype to Normal or DVD-ROM?

Most burners automatically booktype DVD+R DL media to DVD-ROM by themselves. Have you ever burned DVD+R DL media with that drive before? If you have then insert that disc in the drive with ImgBurn in Write mode and look at the booktype information in the text on the right under Last Recorded.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.