TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B DE04 says "Disc Not Empty"

Blackaven

Hi,

I have a TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B (USB) with the latest firmware that I can find for it (DE04) and whenever I try to burn any Dual Layer discs, I get the "Disc not empty" error. I don't think the media is the problem because I have tried to find ones with media codes that everyone seems to agree are good. I get the same sort of problems in Nero. I uninstalled Daemon tools (just to be sure that wasn't causing a problem). I can burn DVD-R's just fine and DVDinfoPro says my drive supports DVD+R DL. I have googled my heart out and I can't find a solution, any help anyone can give me would be deeply appreciated :)

Thanks

ImgBurnInfo.txt

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L532B DE04 (USB)

Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:

Erasable: No

Sessions: 1

Supported Write Speeds: 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 8x

Somehow your drive think that your inserted disc is already burned. You have the latest already firmware already installed.

http://www.firmwarehq.com/Samsung/TS-L532B/files.html

You are sure that the discs you insert have not been used before? Also try with another brand of media (disc id) to rule out the media brand as the fault.

The DVD's are definitely blank, I just bought them. I got them all from different shops and everything so the odds of something being wrong with all of them is unlikely. I have tried 2 or 3 of the more recommended mediaID's but they all have the same problem. I tried to burn RITEK DL DVD's a few times and didn't get this error but they also just burned garbage and the discs we unusable.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.