Imaging Harddrive

scorpionmark

I just found out about this software so I'm very new here. My main question is can this program be used to make an image of my harddrive and restore it should my pc become infected beyond repair? If so, can this program place the same image on another harddrive should my current drive crash?

thanks for all input

scorpionmark

I've got to put in my 2 cents on TrueImage. The last two versions, 12 and 13, that I tried the 30 day free install for had a very serious bug in both versions. The rescue media that boots from CD would forget that the USB drive was there when it tried to open an image from a USB HD. Thus, it was impossible to restore without first reinstalling Windows, then installing TrueImage, then restoring the image from within Windows and letting it reboot and do the restore. Version 11 is the last version I have come across that "worked."

Another problem with the newer versions is they can't restore older backups that are split into multiple parts.

Norton Ghost is another option to go with. I've not tried it since they bought up Drive Image, my all time favorite and first disk partition imaging software. However, Norton Ghost is software you can usually find in a store like Staples. I've never seen TrueImage in a store so I'd think you'd have to buy it online. You'd have a better chance to get store credit from a brick and mortar store, I'd say, should it not be what you want.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.