Change Book Type Problem!

General Gilliam

Hi everyone, I am currently trying to change my book type to DVD-Rom/DVD + R DL.

When I select the drop-down box by "change for" I choose DVD + R DL. Next to "Current Setting" it says "Unknown FAILED! Reason" Invalid Field In CDB"

Then the new setting box is greyed out. Anyone know how to fix this?

My bad, here is my log.

I 08:05:59 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!

I 08:05:59 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)

I 08:05:59 Total Physical Memory: 4,185,208 KB - Available: 2,525,264 KB

W 08:05:59 SPTD can have a detrimental effect on drive performance.

I 08:05:59 Initialising SPTI...

I 08:05:59 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 08:05:59 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!

Drive Type = HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GH50N

I am new to burning ISO's so please don't be to harsh lol. What I'm trying to do Is bur one of my own Xbox 360 Backups to a Verbatim DVD+R DL disc, and I need to set it up for the BenQ drive.

-EDIT-

Apparently it is telling me I don not have the ability to read and burn DL disks, but I just bought this computer a week ago and have already burn a couple DL Disks so I know that I can, and DVD Decrypter reads it as I can burn them so I'm, not quite sure what's going on?

Edited by General Gilliam

Apparently it is telling me I don not have the ability to read and burn DL disks

Where did you get that from?!

You don't need to touch the booktype stuff, if it works at all, it'll be done automatically for that drive.

Well, I'm burning a 360 game to a disk and all the tutorials are saying that they are burnt as DVD-Rom types, not backups. Burning as a backup is a quick way to get banned. So ultimately what I'm trying to do is get it to burn as a DVD-Rom type.

Here's an image of where everything goes wrong. problem.png

Edited by General Gilliam

Your burner is made by LG so you should be using the LG tab. Also notice that ImgBurn automatically booktypes +R media to DVD-ROM on LG burners.

By the way, there's newer firmware available for your burner (remove any disc and close the tray before updating then reboot after it's finished).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.