mp3 fast forward problem

Henry64

I've got a Sony Walkman mp3 player. When I create a CD containing mp3 files with ImgBurn, I cannot fast forward through an mp3 file. When I create a CD containing the same mp3 files with Sony's SonicStage, I can fast forward through an mp3 file. I'm guessing that this has something to do with one or more of the many option settings offered by ImgBurn, but I have no idea which one(s).

The CDs created with ImgBurn play just fine on my Walkman, it's just that I can't fast forward through an mp3 file!

TIA!

I honestly have no idea what would cause that. The file system is the only thing that's different between burning programs, the actual file data (i.e. the mp3's) would be identical.

Compare the 2 disc in Windows Explorer, do they looks the same?

If you load ImgBurn, bring up Read mode (Create image file from disc) and put each disc in the drive, compare what gets written in the 'Source' box in terms of file systems being used etc.

I honestly have no idea what would cause that. The file system is the only thing that's different between burning programs, the actual file data (i.e. the mp3's) would be identical.

If you load ImgBurn, bring up Read mode (Create image file from disc) and put each disc in the drive, compare what gets written in the 'Source' box in terms of file systems being used etc.

Thanks for the fast response!!

sonicstage = ISO9660, Joliet

imgburn = ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I am guessing here that you have nailed it! I noticed that ImgBurn has an "ISO9660, Joliet" option, so I'll try using that to make a burn.

And just in case this means something to you, SonicStage changes the file name. For instance, ImgBurn used the file name as it appeared on my HD, which is:

Box 13 - 01 - 480822 - The First Letter.mp3

SonicStage changed that file name to:

001-01 Box 13 The First Letter.mp3

I'll post the results of using the ImgBurn "Joliet" option here.

Regards!

Thanks for the fast response!!

sonicstage = ISO9660, Joliet

imgburn = ISO9660, UDF (1.02)

I am guessing here that you have nailed it! I noticed that ImgBurn has an "ISO9660, Joliet" option, so I'll try using that to make a burn.

And just in case this means something to you, SonicStage changes the file name. For instance, ImgBurn used the file name as it appeared on my HD, which is:

Box 13 - 01 - 480822 - The First Letter.mp3

SonicStage changed that file name to:

001-01 Box 13 The First Letter.mp3

I'll post the results of using the ImgBurn "Joliet" option here.

Regards!

Yup! That was it. Changing the ImgBurn option to "ISO9660, Joliet" burns the CD so that I can fast forward through an mp3 file. Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.