PIPO Scan of RITEKF1 with BenQ 1640

Flawless115

I just burned a disc and performed a PIPO scan of it. Here is the result.

post-2746-1145928848_thumb.jpg

Here is the result from the Media & Drives section of the ISF using the same media and drive.

post-2746-1145928858_thumb.png

I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but the discs I'm using are RITEKF1 branded as Memorex, not RiDisc (and before anyone tells me that they're crap media, they're not mine; a "friend" bought them).

I'll also mention that the drive I have is a Philips 8701 crossflashed to a BenQ 1640. I'm not sure that it makes a difference, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

As a final note, I would have loved to have posted the log of the burn, but I didn't save it (in case anybody is wondering).

Editorial note: I, now, sympathize with "the olde".

Edited by Flawless115

reburn at 8x and scan, memorex wouldn't spec the best quality...

chewy,

I'm sorry; that's where having the log would've helped. I burned it at 8X to begin with. I never burn anything faster than 8X.

I never burn anything faster than 8X

sure looked like a 12 or 16x burn

Out of curiosity, how can you tell that? Is it by the fact that the red area at the end is hovering around the 12X mark?

Edited by Flawless115

Thanks for the recommendation. I actually own better media than the Memorex. I usually use one of these

YUDEN000-T02-00 (unbranded)

MCC 03RG20 (Verbatim -R)

MCC-004-00 (Verbatim +R)

I simply didn't want the other discs to go to waste. Like I said, a friend bought them.

Out of curiosity, how can you tell that? Is it by the fact that the red area at the end is hovering around the 12X mark?

the 12x you are looking at is the read speed (the red line in the graph). you should be looking at the left hand side where the figure is showing mid to high 300's

the 12x you are looking at is the read speed (the red line in the graph). you should be looking at the left hand side where the figure is showing mid to high 300's

corny,

What does the "mid to high 300's" indicate? Write speed? Something else?

NOTE: Just looked at it again. Does it indicate the PI Peak?

Edited by Flawless115

its the errors, look at the bottom , the peak was 474

if you want to see the write speed , you need to save the graph when you burn the disc, you can change that in the settings within the gui and then you can see it in dvd info pro at any time

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.