Noob needs a walk-thru

emo

I bought a used computer a couple of weeks ago that has a DVD RW on it. (Believe it or not, a 5-year-old used computer is an upgrade for me.) Wanting to reduce the clutter on my hard drives, I tried to burn some video with ImgBurn (used by the previous owner). Out of 5 disks, 3 failed verification, and the other 2 are not recognized by my bargain bin standalone DVD player. I don't see a beginner's manual anywhere on this site. So I reeeeealllllly need someone to walk me through the ImgBurn process so I can make disks readable by both my computer and DVD player.

Hardware is a LiteOn DVDRW SOHW-1673S. Media are TDK Recordable DVD-R 1-16X 4.7 GB (CMC MAG. AM3). My video files are avi, mpg, mp4, mkv and maybe others.

Can anyone help a newbie out?

ImgBurn is just a burning tool, i.e. it doesn't convert anything. For that you can use DVD Flick, ConvertXtoDVD or similar programs.

That being said, failing the verification step is usually a sign of low quality media, old burner firmware, etc, so please post a log from one of those failed burns. You can find the previous logs in ImgBurn's Help menu.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.