DVD+R DL Playback stops

ArdRi

Hi, Let me say I love Imgburn,its a fantastic piece of work.

I jumped into Dual Layer Burning to back up some movies. I have a Lite-On DVD Burner which Imgburn reveals In 'Device Capabilities' does burn DL DVD;

Device=[3:0:0]ATAPI DVD A DH20A 4P 9P59 (D:) (ATA)

DVD+R DL is checked in both the Read and Write sections.

The PC runs an Intel 2.4Ghz P4 with 2GB RAM Win XP Pro with 12GB free disc space where Imgburn resides. The source data was on a Local Disc.

I ripped the Media with DVD Decryptor both to files and then to an ISO with MDS file.

Both burns were sucessfull.

The DVD Player is a fairly new Sony DVP-NS700H. Since it plays much of the problem discs apparently well I suppose its not at issue and since Imgburn sucessfully created the DVD's I assume there was no problem with the rip (I re-ripped just to be sure) and the resulting files play thru the problem areas fine when played from the Hard Drive.

The problem is playback halts in places. I first found it quite near the layer break point .. On the ISO/MDS burn it seemed to play fine on the second layer after the break but I also found halting randomly throughout the first layer after I checked it furthur.

I hoped Someone might have enough experience to say with a high degree of certainty the problem is the RITEK discs (i may be able to get a refund) and I should be able to have sucess re trying with a Verbatum DL DVD+R or whether I neglected some setting in Imgburn. Thanks.

Edited by ArdRi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.